New NiSi IP-A Filter Series for iPhone Released
New NiSi IP-A Filter Series for iPhone Released. NiSi has recently introduced a new filter kit that is specifically designed for iPhone creators. It provides support for a wide range of optics, including square NDs, graduated NDs, 1-5 stops VND, polarizer, Black Mist, and orange/blue streak filters.
A few years ago, NiSi – a well-known manufacturer of filters and optics for full-sized cameras – came up with the P1 Prosorios Kit, a set of accessories developed with mobile content creators in mind. This series initially consisted of a clip-on filter holder, a polarizer, and a graduated ND, but later expanded to include NDs with different densities as well as a Natural Night effect filter.
Now, the company is back with a new set of accessories for mobile photographers and videographers, the IP-A Filter Series. It’s built around the latest iPhone 13/12/11, but the company claims it also works with older models (X/SE/8/7/6). Let’s take a closer look.
NiSi IP-A Filter Kit for iPhone: overview
At the core of this new filter system from NiSi is the IP-A Filter Holder, which wraps around the smartphone’s camera module and securely attaches via a locking screw. The holder features silicon pads to avoid damaging the device and is claimed to be compatible with most iPhone cases.
The front of the holder has a quick bayonet mount that can natively accommodate the all new IP-A circular filters (more on these later) or the existing NiSi P1 Square Filters via the dedicated P2 Square Filter Holder. Up to 3 circular filters can be stacked on top of each other, and the company ensures that no vignetting occurs, even when using the wide-angle camera.
New circular filters
While still ensuring compatibility with the existing square optics, the IP-A Filter Holder was actually designed to support a new line of circular, rotatable filters. These include:
- Black Mist 1/4 – which reduces highlights and lifts shadows, thus lowering contrast and softening the image;
- True Color ND-VARIO Pro Nano 1-5 stops Variable ND – which can be particularly useful for mobile filmmakers, as it allows to achieve a natural motion blur by reducing shutter speed without compromising exposure;
- Allure-Streak BLUE and ORANGE filters – which render point-like light sources as streaks, effectively emulating the widely sought-after anamorphic look.
Mobile photography and filmmaking kits
The company also offers three different pre-bundled kits: the Landscape Kit, the Filmmaker Kit, and the Cinema Kit. All options come with a hard shell case, which can store up to 4 filters and a filter holder, but the included filters differ as follows:
- Landscape Kit: IP-A Filter Holder, P2 Square Filter Holder, P1 HD Polarizer, P1 Medium GND8 (3 stops graduated filter), P1 ND64 (6 stops);
- Filmmaker Kit: IP-A Filter Holder for iPhone, Black Mist 1/4, True Color ND-VARIO Pro Nano 1-5 stops Variable ND;
- Cinema Kit: everything in Filmmaker Kit, plus Allure-Streak BLUE and ORANGE Filters.
Price and availability
The new NiSi IP-A Filter Kits for iPhone are now available for order from the manufacturer’s website and should start shipping towards the beginning of September. The Landscape, Filmmaker, and Cinema Kits retail for $69.99, $149, and $199 respectively, while all items are available to purchase separately. Pricing is as follows:
- IP-A Filter Holder – $24.99
- P2 Square Filter Holder – $24.99
- Black Mist 1/4 Filter – $59
- True Color ND-VARIO Pro Nano 1-5 stops Variable ND Filter – $89
- Allure-Streak BLUE Filter – $49
- Allure-Streak ORANGE Filter – $49
For more information, please visit NiSi’s website here.
Do you often produce content using your smartphone? What do you think of the new NiSi IP-A Filter Kits for iPhone? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.